Wednesday 1 October 2008

no new music from me today

well, at least not any that i am gonna e-share, i got the johnny flynn album and its okay but its 100% more the kind of thing my chick likes than me, same goes for noah and the whale, its what my chick digs so she has had both of those.  I'm a serial viva radio caner and recently its been more of the same in terms of what i have been enjoying, 'N.soul' and 'Get low' are prolly my two favourtie shows and i love whacking on an archived show and chillaxing in my room.

Heard this carole king track on the radio the other day and thought 'this is the shit i'm talking about', so i'll post it up here. much like darth vader, carole king has a black set of vocal chords but is white, go figure! She looks a lot like my morman ex housemate both facially and also in what she is wearing in this video (think princess leia in the ewok village).



The next thing i wanna talk about is a track by 'rare earth', the weather sucks ass round here at the minute making anyone who has got SAD feel shit, in fact all of us are getting starved of vitamin D at the moment and probably wishing it was sunny and happy.

anyway the point is that celebrate by rare earth is maybe the most uplifting song of all time (can you feel it by jackson 5 perhaps got a stake in here too, i aint sure please get in touch if you have any other suggestions). this track was made famous thanks to a sampling by beck (who my mate assures me is the coolest white guy currently alive, exsisting as a kind of anti-zuckerberg).  anyway, this track is bound to make you happy, is it just me or does the drummer/singer remind anyone else of kuato from total recall?


enough of that, the last thing that i 100% had to get of my chest is just how fucking excellent red bull cola is!  Jesus christ, this is the most crisp clean tasting soda(y) herby complex textured tasting can of pop i have ever drank, goodbye san pellegrino orange, i have a new love.  the whole consumer experience is fantastic, awesome packaging (the ring pull has a punched out bull shape rather than the crappy oval your oh so depressed by on lesser cans) and i am sure that the sound the can makes when you crack it open has been made better, some how amplified and crisp reflecting the great taste.  Point im making is, red bull cola hype train starts here.



goodbye from me.

No comments: